The Dr. Ralph and Marian Falk Medical Research Trust has announced two funding opportunities.
The 2014 Catalyst Research Program will provide one year of seed funding to enable planning and development of projects, teams, tools, techniques and management infrastructure necessary to successfully compete for multi-year contracts in the Transformational Research Program. The trust will fund 12-15 projects at a level up to $500,000. Click here to read the full RFP. The application deadline is noon (CST) Fri., Oct. 3, 2014. Funding begins Nov. 30, 2014.
In 2015, the trust will launch a new Transformational Research Program focused on increasing the impact of its funding. Since the Transformational Research Program utilizes an innovative approach that represents a departure from the trust’s previous programs, the Catalyst Research Program has been created to provide seed funding to help investigators and their institutions lay the foundation for successful application to the Transformational Research Program in 2015 and beyond.
Successful research proposals to both programs must demonstrate direct relevance to human disease and the ability to extend basic research in one or more of the following ways:
- Understanding underlying disease processes and how they disrupt normal human biology,
- Identification of biological markers of disease activity and progression
- Development and testing of diagnostic or prognostic tests based on those markers
- Identification of targets for therapeutic interventions
- Development of therapeutic agents that will disrupt, arrest, or prevent the disease process
- Pre-clinical and clinical testing of new therapies